Time: February 28, 2010 at 6pm to March 31, 2010 at 7pm
Location: ISTE SIGMS: http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/Membership/SIGs/SIGMS_Media_Specialists_/TechnologyInnovationAward/Technology_Innovation_Award.htm
Website or Map: http://www.iste.org/Content/N…
Event Type: award
Organized By: SIGMS
Latest Activity: Feb 28, 2010
To highlight outstanding collaborative efforts between the classroom and the school library using technology to support learning and learning, ISTE's Special Interest Group for Media Specialists (SIGMS) is accepting nominations for its 3rd Annual Technology Innovation Award.
With one recipient at the elementary level and another at the secondary level, the award honors two outstanding teams, each of which are to consist of a school librarian and a collaborating teacher who have worked together to conduct an exemplary technology project.
Sponsored by Linworth Publishing, Inc., and Follett Software Company, the Technology Innovation Award seeks to identify, promote and sustain the highest degree of excellence in collaborative and innovative technology-based projects, typifying how school library media centers support curricular and instructional objectives.
This year's Technology Innovation Award honorees will be notified in April, featured in articles in Library Media Connection and Learning and Leading with Technology magazines, and recognized at ISTE's annual conference and exposition in Denver Colorado, June 27 - June 30, 2010.
In addition to these publicity opportunities, the winning team at both the elementary and secondary level will also receive:
· A one-year membership to ISTE for both team members
· $1,000 cash award payable to the school media center for each team
· $1,000 travel stipend for each team attending ISTE's annual conference
· Conference registration for each team member attending ISTE's annual conference
· $1,000 professional library from Linworth Publishing for each team
· A one-year subscription to Library Media Connection magazine for each team member
· An inscribed award plaque for each team
It is not necessary to be a member of ISTE to apply. More information is available at the ISTE website. Application deadline is March 31, 2010.